Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Series Win...

Well, we didn't get the sweep today and it looks like the best we can do is 161-1 in 2009, bummer. Just wanted to recap a couple things we can take from the opening series of the year:
  • Any series win over the Yanks is great and at the beginning of the year it's even sweeter
  • O's fans, we MUST continue to protect the 'Yard. Opening day was phenomenal, but Mac was there today and said the Yanks fans were in full-force. What can I say,  they love their third place team. It's the best third place team money can buy.
  • If you would have asked me to take 3-3 at the end of the Yanks and Rays' series, I would have taken it. As long as this weekend isn't a complete disaster, it will have been a solid first week
  • Also, is it me, or do the Yanks just not seem like the Yanks anymore? They seem old or something
  • However, if they get into the playoffs with a healthy CC and AJ, they will be a tough out in a 7 game series
  • Also,  It was great to see Amber Theoharis at the park again. She def hasn't lost her fastball. I was upset to hear she got engaged in the offseason
We are supposed to get a TON of rain tomorrow, but I am heading down to the 'Yard for the series opener against the Rays regardless. I'll be there early and I'll try to get Mac some pics to post.

Also wanted to mention a trip a bunch of us are planning. Saturday, May 23rd we play the Nats in DC. I would like the get as many O's fans there as possible for the tailgate at RFK and we'll take the free bus over to the Nat's stadium. I'll be doing a full post with details about this in the very near future, but just wanted to throw it out tonight as a sort of save the date. We went last year and it was a BLAST.

Last but certainly not least. RIP Nick Adenhart. What a tragic story. A Maryland kid who seemed to be a good pitcher and great person. That news has been eating at me all day. 

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick comment on my day at the Yard today. First off, best seats I've EVER had in my life. Third row, right beside the O's dugout (right behind the photographer pit). I could smell Nick's musk. I got some great pics on my phone, but can't figure out how to get them off and onto a computer (I desperately need an upgrade). Anyway, Amber was right in front of me most of the day and Camden's right, she definitely still brings it. And yes, we were outnumbered today Birdland. It can't happen anymore. But 2 out of 3 is 2 out of 3 – Heyyyyooooo.

    Lastly, I echo Camden's sentiments on Nick Adenhart. What a tragedy. I didn't even know about it until they announced it at the Yard before the Anthem and had a moment of silence for him. Too young, too soon. RIP.

    ReplyDelete